|March 9||Wildlife Conservation|
|March 9||Luxembourg Ham Radio Association -- 50th Anniversary|
|March 9||Luxembourg International Fair -- 50th Fair|
|May 4||Europa 1987 -- Modern Architecture|
|May 4||St. Michel's Church -- Millenium|
|May 4||Paintings on Wood|
|September 14||Rural Architecture -- Niederfeulen, Mersch, and Bertrange|
|September 14||Chamber of Deputies -- 139th Anniversary|
|December 1||Book of Hours II (Caritas Issue)|
These stamps were issued in support of the European Year of the Environment. The following animals are depicted:
The Luxembourg Ham Radio Association was formed on March 7, 1937. At present there are approximately 360 members.
The first official commercial fair took place in Luxembourg on August 14-25, 1922 and in 1935 the first permanent exhibition hall was built in Limpertsberg. In 1974 a new center for the Fair was openedon the Kirchberg plateau. The 50th Internation Fair was held on May 23-31, 1987.
These stamps show two modern buildings in Luxembourg -- the National Swimming Sports Center (1982) and the Court of Justice of the European Communities (1972).
St. Michel's Church, situated in the heart of the old town of Luxembourg, was consecrated by archbishop Egbert of Trier on November 5, 987. The original church was destroyed by fire in 1509. Parts of the present building date from 1519 and are typical of the late gothic period.
These stamps show two fragments of a broken-up polyptych painted in the late 15th century by Giovanni Ambrogio Bevilacqua for a Franciscan convent. They are in the collection of the State Museum in Luxembourg.
These stamps show three examples of rural architecture:
The Chamber of Deputies is the Luxembourg Parliament and its elected members enact legislation for approval by the sovereign. These stamps show Charles Metz (1799-1858), the first President of the Chamber, and a view of the Chamber building which was opened in 1860.
These stamps show paintings from the Book of Hours (a prayer book) in the collection of the Luxembourg National Library. This book was prepared in the mid-15th century in eastern France. The topics shown on these stamps are as follows: